Preventative maintenance will help your roof last longer and save you money.
Here are some tips:
- Especially inspect your roof after a storm or excessive wind storms
- Use a blower to remove leaf or debris build-up ?
- Keep all gutters free of debris to avoid build-up
- Make sure all downspouts are draining properly
- Check for loose gutters and re-attach
- Prime and paint any rust spots
- Consider investing in gutter covers
- Poorly attached flashing can lead to blow-offs and leaks
- Remove all caulking and sealants that are weather damaged and repair or replace?
- Trim back overhanging branches
- Fallen trees should be removed from your roof
- Consider removing dead trees before they damage your home
- Remove debris build up, especially algae
- Keep an eye out for loose, raised or worn shingles
- Check the mortar around chimneys and repair if necessary
- If there is one loose shingle there are likely more
The following information was provided by Menards.